Abu Dhabi Climate & Temperature
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is at 24°26'N, 54°38'E, 27 m (89 ft). See map.
- Abu Dhabi has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Abu Dhabi is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 26.7 degrees Celsius (80.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.5 °C (29.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 88.9 mm (3.5 inches) which is equivalent to 88.9 Litres/m² (2.18 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Abu Dhabi you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Abu Dhabi Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Abu Dhabi Climate Graph in Metric Units
Abu Dhabi Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Bandar Abbas, Iran - 354 kms (220 miles) NNE
- Bandar Lengeh, Iran - 232.3 kms (144.3 miles) N
- Khasab, Oman - 254.4 kms (158.1 miles) NE
- Ras Al Kahimah, United Arab Emirates - 184.5 kms (114.6 miles) NE
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates - 132.9 kms (82.6 miles) NE
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 114 kms (70.9 miles) NE
- Majis, Oman - 201.9 kms (125.5 miles) E
- Muscat , Oman - 382.1 kms (237.4 miles) ESE
- Saiq, Oman - 340.3 kms (211.5 miles) ESE
- Sur, Oman - 535.6 kms (332.8 miles) ESE